Well, the craziness of the holiday season is finally over and I’m getting back on a regular schedule. I have been missing in action for quite awhile. I still have a few holiday cards left to post but I think that I’ll leave them for now – I’ve grown weary of Christmas crafts.
I haven’t been working too much on card making over the holidays, I’ve been focusing on organizing my craft space. I’m almost done and will post some pictures once it is complete. I do have a related project to share.
I have been meaning to make a stamp inventory for a long time now – an effort to keep track of the stamps that I have and to be able to find an image/sentiment quickly while creating. Most importantly, to help me be more selective when buying new stamp sets.
I found a mini binder at an office supply store that seemed to be a good size – it holds 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ pages. I created insets for the front and spine to dress it up a little – the paper I used is the retired Beyond the Garden DSP. I created matching dividers using coordinating card stock and the DSP. For the actual inventory pages, I chose to use the same categories as in the Stampin’ Up! catalogs. I created templates for 1, 2, 3 or 4 stamp sets per page to accommodate different sized stamp sets. For each set, there is a location to record the stamp set name, stamp type (wooden or clear), the number of stamps in the set, the category and finally, the retirement status.
Here is my new Stamp Inventory binder:
Here are the dividers:
And an example of the inventory pages:
And here is my stamp inventory sitting on the shelf ready to use:
I still have a lot more stamp sets to add to my stamp inventory but at least it is a start. Hopefully I won’t have to expand to a second binder – at least not for my Stampin’ Up! stamps.
Finally, I don’t normally do the whole resolution setting thing but seeing as it’s a new year, I thought that I’d at least set some craft goals for the year. So, here they are, my Craft Goals for 2013:
- Make cards for birthdays, weddings, occasions, etc. and send them on time. I’ve improved on the first part of this goal but still need to work on the sending out on time part.
- Create a stash of cards so that I’m ready for unexpected occasions.
- Make a set number of Christmas cards each month so that I’m not in a rush come Nov. / Dec.
- Complete our wedding and honeymoon scrapbooks – our second anniversary is in March so it would be good to finish these!
- Spend more time learning My Digital Studio.
- Create projects and hybrid cards using My Digital Studio.
- Blog 2-4 times a week.
Hopefully by “writing them down” I’ll be more inclined to complete them by the end of the year.
Thanks for stopping by!
Stampin’ Up Supplies:
- Stamps: none
- Paper: Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso, Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Early Espresso (for edge distressing)
- Accessories: Decorative Label and Small Heart punches