Today I’m sharing a Halloween card I made for my youngest nephew. He is 1 1/2 and doesn’t really get the concept of Halloween yet. I do know that he is crazy about pumpkins right now so his Halloween card should have a pumpkin. He also loves animals. And finally, given his age, it can’t be a scary Halloween card.
Here is the card I created:
I think that he’ll love the Frightening Feline cat hiding behind a pumpkin. Perhaps in this case it should be Frightened Feline not Frightening Feline. To appeal to my nephew’s age, I chose bright colours and embossed background to hopefully add some interest. The really fun part, I added googly eyes. I’ll know that he likes the card if it manages to get his attention for more than a second or two. Here’s hoping.
Before signing off, I want to share a quick tip on how I added two colours to the sentiment:
- I put a post-it note over the words and tapped my Tangerine Tango stamp pad on the pumpkin in the sentiment.
- I then removed the post-it note and used my blender pen to remove the little bit of Tangerine Tango ink that got on the words. The blender pen is a great way to remove any stray ink from a stamp, especially if you are trying to get it off of a small area. This is a great tip that I learned along the way that makes colouring on stamps so much easier!
- Finally, I used my Basic Black marker to colour in the words.
Stampin’ Up Supplies:
- Stamps: Frightening Feline, Delightful Dozen
- Paper: Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Lucky Limeade
- Ink: Basic Black, Tangerine Tango
- Accessories: Oval and Scallop Oval Punches, Chevron Textured Impressions EF, Basic Black marker, Googlies
Thanks for stopping by!